Thursday May 26, 2022
Pushing The Right Buttons - Jay Williamson - The Revenue Maze - Episode # 010
Jay Williamson is the President/CEO at American Southwest Credit Union. He understands how to cultivate an award winning corporate culture and he’s passionate about growing leaders. Jay joins host Valerie Cobb to talk about leadership and how to find your way out of the confusing maze of revenue and increase your profits.
- One way to get out of the revenue maze is to feed your “cash cow”. If you don’t put enough resources into that then it will starve and your company will fail.
- You have to grow your top line income so that you can grow your bottom line as well. That can help you maximize your opportunities.
- It’s not about the money that you make, but the positive impact that you have on society. You want to leave a positive lasting legacy.
- As a leader, it is your responsibility to push the right buttons to motivate people and have them invested into their work.
- You want to find the strength in each person and have them work at what they do best. This will increase their work performance as they are happier doing something they are good at.
- Set others up for success. If you can put others in a good position of success then your business will be better off.
- Take the time to get to know your employees. It will help them feel more connected to their work and their performance will be better.
Quote of the Show:
5:00 “You've got to feed your cash cow at some point in time, figure out where you're making money and maximize those opportunities because you got to grow your top line income all the time so that you can grow your bottom line.”
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jay-williamson-a27379a1/
- Website: https://ascu.org/
Ways to Tune In
- Amazon Music - https://music.amazon.com/podcasts/7d80f727-4d62-4d16-a0c9-96ec7bda6c6b/the-revenue-maze
- Spotify - https://open.spotify.com/show/6azAXp0qFgrmjcql0jeJM8
- Google Podcast - https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cucmV2ZW51ZW1hemUuY29tL2ZlZWQueG1s
- YouTube - https://youtu.be/VA7yIqY_rWY
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.