Wednesday Oct 12, 2022
Know Your Product - Dennis Thankachan - The Revenue Maze - Episode # 029
Today’s guest is an angel investor in many products. Dennis Thankachan is the Co-Founder and CEO at Lightyear. After studying Computer Science and Finance at The University of Texas, Dennis went to work with Goldman Sachs. He also was part of a $10 billion hedge fund. Dennis joins the host Valerie Cobb to talk about increasing your revenue at your company.
- It’s essential to think about the product that you have and how the buyer of your product would intend to discover and buy your product.
- The founder of the company needs to be very focused in the early stages of the company and they also need to be open-minded. This can help you pick the right venue leader afterward.
- Businesses spend way more on telecommunication services than consumers do. If you are looking to break into the telecommunication space.
- The way in which businesses buy their telecommunication services was invented in the 90s and hasn’t adapted to modern times.
- You want to make sure that you have adequate cash on your balance sheet and a level head in regards to how you analyze that. That will help your company through a recession.
- It’s good to keep an eye on the market and hear the other perspective on the market. It’s always a good idea to market check.
- Dennis was introduced to Mark Cuban through a mutual friend who ended up investing in his company along with other NBA team owners.
Quote of the Show:
1:28 “Think about the product that you have and how the buyer of your product would intend to discover and buy your product.”
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/thankachan/
- Website: https://lightyear.ai/
Ways to Tune In:
- Amazon Music - https://music.amazon.com/podcasts/7d80f727-4d62-4d16-a0c9-96ec7bda6c6b/the-revenue-maze
- Apple Podcast - https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-revenue-maze/id1638644167
- Spotify - https://open.spotify.com/show/6azAXp0qFgrmjcql0jeJM8
- Google Podcast - https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cucmV2ZW51ZW1hemUuY29tL2ZlZWQueG1s
- YouTube - https://youtu.be/dnsCKerbAM0
The Revenue Maze is produced by Ringmaster, on a mission to create connections through B2B podcasts. Learn more at https://ringmaster.com/
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.